- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Reg. MNC Dir2022
BNP Paribas is a key player in international banking, has a presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. The Group supports all its customers – individuals, associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs and institutions – in the success of their projects through its financing, investment, savings and protection solutions in a changing world.
Corporate & Institutional Banking division offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients. BNP Paribas has 200 years history in Europe and a firm position in Hungary for 30 years.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking BNP Paribas also enjoys strong positions in the Central Europe region, with branch offices in 5 countries (Hungary, Check Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece), serving 9 countries.
BNP PARIBAS, Hungary Branch is looking for a
Regional Head of Multinational Corporate Clients’(MNC) Business in Central Europe
based in Budapest
The Goal of the position is to
- Manage the MNC Business in the Region in line with the Global Strategy of the Group. The aim is to achieve long-term growth of the Business in accordance with the agreed objectives and risk profiles, while respecting group policies and local regulations.
- Boost regional opportunities and promote the region vis a vis other geographies and clients.
- Unify and strengthen MNC Community, set standard way of working, motivate further the team spirit.
- Lead transversal projects of Conduct, Innovation, Sustainability and country specific initiatives
- Member of the MNC Leadership team (Paris) and the Executive Committee of Central Europe.
- Together with Country Heads delivers on the MNC targets assigned to the Region.
- Sets – in cooperation with Country Heads – commercial objectives to the MNC Bankers and follow-up on their achievements.
- Ensures the efficient cross-selling of products from CIB Business Lines and outside CIB.
- Accompanies Relationship Managers (RM) in their client visits if and when needed.
- Ensures the coordination between RMs and skills inside the Region (GTS, Cash Management, Global Markets)
- Manages Regional Business Development:
- Systematic identification of opportunities, liaise it with pilots and organize regular monitoring and follow-up of commercial actions.
- Regular support to the Lead Bankers in pitching activity.
- Organize country specific commercial campaigns (German, US, APAC, etc..).
- Ensures the activities of Sustainability Ambassador for Central Europe.
Marketing related Responsibilities
- Regular business trips within the region (Czech/Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria) and outside the region (Germany, France, etc..).
- Regular presentations via phone (US, APAC).
Risk related Responsibilities
- Monitors – together with Country Heads -the compliance risks within the Region and alert his/her hierarchy or the relevant compliance officer when needed.
- Monitors the overall credit risk of the MNC portfolio.
- Acts as a Delegation Holder for the Hungarian files.
HR & Organisation related Responsibilities
- Manages, coaches and develops the MNC Bankers and Credit Analysts, teams operating from various countries in CE Region (Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria).
- Evaluates MNC Bankers and Credit Analyst’s Manager in the Region as a second opinion manager and first line manager for the Hungarian team.
- Manages, trains and supports the Associate Team in Central Europe
- Ensures Compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures (especially KYC and AML/Sanctions) and regulatory requirements, in particular with regards to the KYC responsibilities and duties
What qualities do we look for?
- University or college degree
- 10-15 years working experience in corporate banking environment
- Broad knowledge of banking products (cash management, trade finance, CAPEX and working capital financing, global markets, real estate advisory, fleet management, consumer finance, etc.)
- Strong credit and compliance background
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills
- Business development, networking and client management skills ; Showing proactivity in business
- Strong communication, negotiation skills and ability to influence decision-makers
- Team management and international exposure, lead by example and motivate others
- Being familiar with cultural specificities in CEE Region
- Work transversally and tactfully across a complex organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and external clients
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging environment
- Excellent computer literacy
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel frequently, average travel: 30% (primarily European travel)
What we offer?
- Inspiring networking opportunities regionally in Central Europe and internationally within a global BNPP Group;
- Being part of a prestigious, ethical and sustainable global company;
- Market leading trainings, on-the-job training program;
- Working with a diverse team and belonging to an inclusive community;
- A stimulating multinational environment in a top quality office, based in Budapest, at the heart of the new downtown;
- A competitive remuneration package and flexible social benefit package
- Flexible working environment, with partial home-office opportunity;
- Attention to employee well-being and work-life balance