- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- PERMANENT CONTROL
- Compliance Officer2
BNP Paribas is a key player in international banking, has a presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. The Group supports all its customers – individuals, associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs and institutions – in the success of their projects through its financing, investment, savings and protection solutions in a changing world.
Corporate & Institutional Banking division offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients. BNP Paribas has 200 years history in Europe and a firm position in Hungary for 30 years.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking BNP Paribas also enjoys strong positions in the Central Europe region, with branch offices in 5 countries (Hungary, Check Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece), serving 9 countries.
BNP PARIBAS, Hungary Branch is looking for a
Generalist Compliance Officer
in permanent term contract,
based in Budapest
The Goal of the position is to support the Head of Compliance (HoC) in her/his role of protecting the reputation of BNPP Hungary Branch in compliance matters, by monitoring compliance risk and fighting against money laundering, financing terrorism, corruption, market abuse and protecting client interest.
- Covers from Compliance side all domains: Financial Security including Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Protection of Client Interest (PIC), Professional Ethics (PE) and Market Integrity (MI);
- Supports the Business’ decisions by providing Compliance’ advise and opinion on large scale of topics based on well substantiated analysis;
- Participates in the prevention of, and fighting against money laundering & terrorism (AML), corruption and market abuse;
- Manages day to day AML issues including AML investigations, monitoring, researches & enquiries and participates in investigations on suspicious transactions;
- Assists the HoC in monitoring of clients' complaints, incidents, audit recommendations;
- Contributes to the implementation of procedures and methods enabling any lack of compliance to be identified;
- Follows the changes of Compliance procedures, changes of Compliance rules and regulations;
- Takes part in preparation of procedures, guidelines, presentations, etc. and updates existing ones;
- Contributes to the organisation of training on Compliance topics to the Colleagues of the Bank;
- Participates in and represents Compliance Department in different committees;
- Performs transversal tasks for the CEE Region;
What qualities do we look for?
- Basic experience in banking business matters, minimum 2 year working experience spent in a credit institution, financial institution, investment banking institution;
- Master degree in Banking / Finance / Audit / Compliance or Economics;
- High level English language – both spoken and written;
- High level Hungarian language is a must;
- MS Office (word, excel, power point) and other communication tools – good command;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in written and in oral and ability to negotiate;
- Good organisation skills;
- High level problem solving skills, positive, goal oriented approach;
- Proactivity, initiative and perseverance;
What we offer?
- Inspiring networking opportunities regionally in Central Europe and internationally within a global BNPP Group;
- Being part of a prestigious, ethical and sustainable global company;
- Market leading trainings, on-the-job training program;
- Working with a diverse team and belonging to an inclusive community;
- A stimulating multinational environment in a top quality office, based in Budapest, at the heart of the new downtown;
- A competitive remuneration package and flexible social benefit package with:
- Large yearly cafeteria package
- Extensive Private Health Insurance program
- Language training support
- Company Social events
- Parking place
- Free fruits in the office;
- Flexible working environment, with partial home-office opportunity;
- Attention to employee well-being and work-life balance