In the third quarter 2003, BNP Paribas posted significantly higher revenues and results compared to the third quarter 2002 despite weak economic growth in Europe:
* Net banking income: 4,380mn euros (+ 8.4%)
* Gross operating income: 1,593mn euros (+ 21.4%)
* Operating income (after provisions): 1,243mn euros (+ 34.4%)
* Net income group share: 970mn euros (+ 69.3%).
– French Retail Banking’s business continued its steady growth and to enhance its profitability consistently.
– The International Retail Banking and Financial Services businesses posted results that were up sharply despite the fall in the dollar.
– The Asset Management and Services continued to enjoy a rebound in its operating performance in the context of more stable stock markets.
– Corporate and Investment Banking posted good results, notably the Advisory and Capital Markets businesses, which confirm that its market strategy is relevant and effective.
In the first nine months of 2003, NBI totalled 13,544mn euros (+7.6%), GOI 5,024mn euros (+14.2%) and Net Income Group Share 2,834mn euros (+9.0%).
Michèle Sicard : 33 1 40 14 70 61
Agathe Heinrich : 33 1 42 98 15 91
Henri de Clisson : 33 1 40 14 65 14